Saturday 10 January 2015

Queen Ure says she won't come down to Cynthia Morgan's level to trade insults


wpid-cynthia-morgan-and-queen-ure-stargist.jpg

The war between the two pop Nigerian musicians Queen Ure Okezie  Ure and Cynthia Morgan is getting more serious by the day. Queen Ure claims she is not at war with Cynthia Morgan whatsoever. The story was previously narrated and explained on Jaguda about the reason as to why there is a conflict between the two divas but if you missed out on the gist here’s an insight below Late last year, Soul E’s former wife Queen Ure took the Dancehall damsel of Northside Entertainment Cynthia Morgan to court for allegedly infringing on her copyright with the song, Popori. Cynthia had released her song sometime in November which she titled Porpori, pronounced same way but spelled slightly different. Ure felt Cynthia was infringing on her rights using the word at all and She went to the next level by going to court of which she got an injunction to stop Cynthia from using the word ‘Porpori’ as the title of her song. Cynthia Morgan got furious about the whole thingy and she took to her Instagram handle earlier this week to blast Queen Ure for her actions.. she said below

“I never knew this lady existed, obviously, she is not in my generation. My mum doesn’t even know you because you weren’t relevant in your time not to talk of now… You are a failed artiste. You are lying around that my Porpori has been banned, how? I didn’t steal your song, my dog sings better than you. Where is your case and sense? I know your story and it is super, don’t let me start,” Queen Ure decided to give a response to Cynthia’s post while speaking to Saturday Beats on the phone, and by her explanations, she said she wouldn’t “stoop so low” going to social media to exchange words with “anybody.”she further said: “The court has said that her song should not be played and that is it. The title of her song is the same pronunciation as mine even if it is not spelt the same way. The court is aware of all of these and the difference in spellings even before it gave the injunction.” Ure said about Cynthia’s claim that her song is still been aired and highly popular on radio stations thus: “The order is yet to circulate to all radio stations and it will be done soon. The injunction is there and anybody who doesn’t want to comply with the injunction knows the consequences. The Federal High Court gave the injunction and it has to be complied with. Nobody is above the law. There is nothing personal here. I am not at war with anybody. I am not fighting with anybody. Come on, I don’t intend to go on social media to reply anybody. Such things don’t mean anything to me. This is a legal matter, I don’t engage in such nonsense. A queen doesn’t behave that way, I am a queen and I can never do that”

Courtesy: Jaguda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment